Welcome to Communities of Respect
Communities of Respect builds the capacity of communities to prevent Elder Abuse and brings communities together to implement age friendly innovations. Our work focuses on:
- Opening up conversations with families, organisations, groups and the community more broadly about the experience of Elder Abuse
- Facilitating the sharing of stories in ways that empower families to take action and connect with local services
- Listening in ways that challenge the stigma, shame and silence around Elder Abuse in families
- Building stronger, more respectful communities
- Bringing together local expertise to work collaboratively on planning age friendly initiatives
- Identifying new ways of working that engage the community
- Raising awareness of the power of everyone taking responsibility for cultural change.
Who we are
Communities of Respect was established by Maria Berry in 2019. Maria is a passionate advocate for older people and committed to building capacity in rural communities. Read more about Maria's work here.
What we offer
We offer education and consultations for organisations, aged care service providers and community groups. For more information see our services page here.
If you would like to support our work please contact us through the contact page (here) or join our Facebook page (here) or follow us on Twitter (here). Thankyou to photographer Julian Meehan for the photograph taken at Embolden2018.
(c) 2019 communitiesofrespect.com